Are you tired of people using your work without providing credit? Content Plagiarism is at its peak in our timeline. It’s not possible to keep your eye out over the whole internet to keep filing copyright claims. So, watermarking is the simplest way to prevent your work from being stolen or ensure it gets appropriate credits when it's shared.
Watermarking also makes sure that everyone who sees the images gets to know about its actual creator. So, if you are looking for how to make a watermark in Photoshop, then I've covered you all with it!
How To Make Watermark in Photoshop?
Making a watermark is pretty simple. Photoshop has made it easy for users to add watermarks natively.
Method 1: Add Text Watermark to Images in Photoshop
Firstly, choose what you want to use as your watermark. Watermarks don’t have to be anything fancy. A simple text of your name/channel/company would work great.
If you have a logo, keep it the opposite background color.
After you’ve decided what you want to keep as the watermark, the rest is easy-peasy.
- Step 1: Open the picture in Photoshop.
- Step 2: You’ll see a vertical toolbar on the left-hand side. Choose the Text option if you want to add text. Drag and drop it from your PC, and it’s done.
- Step 3: After you add the watermark content, resize it according to your preference. Usually, watermarks are placed on the bottom right corner of pictures, but you can place them wherever you want.
- Step 4: After placing the watermark, move on to the bottom right panel. You’ll see a slider to adjust the opacity. Reduce the opacity to 40%, making it opaque enough to read and transparent enough not to ruin the picture. And voila, you’re done!
Now, click on the file option on the top toolbar, click on Export, and from the drop-down menu, click on Export as PNG. You can even change the export settings if you wish to.
Method 2: Add Logo As A Watermark in Photoshop
If you are a company owner, have a brand, or similar, your preference would always be to use a logo as your Watermark. Especially if you want to use it on brochures, advertisements, banners, and more. If you want to add it such that it doesn't distract the focus on the image as well, then here's how you can do so!
Follow the steps given below to add a logo as a Watermark in Photoshop:
- Step 1: Open the picture you want to add the watermark to and the logo simultaneously in Photoshop
- Step 2: Press Ctrl/Cmd+C on the logo to copy it
- Step 3: Now, go to the picture and press Ctrl/Cmd+V to paste the logo on image
- Step 4: If the logo isn't on a transparent background then in the Layers menu, set Darken in the Blending mode, and beside it adjust the Opacity to make it transparent
Using logos with a white background isn't the correct way to add watermarks on photos, using a transparent one is essential. Further, having a colored background is a never add to your logo. If your logo already has one, you need to change it for the better.
Removing the background from Photoshop is a good idea by adjusting Blending mode or other features. But its effectiveness depends on your efficiency. Besides, it's not smart work to spend extra effort on removing the background with Photoshop. You can do it automatically with efficiency and without losing quality using Imagewith.ai Outcut.
The tool enhances the quality, makes it to apt dimensions, and requires no editing or adjustments.
Method 3: Create a Custom Brush To Add Watermarks in Photoshop
You will want to use your watermark on multiple designs in no time. For working smart, it's always a good idea to create a custom brush. It saves your logo and resolution and makes it fit with settings to use as a Watermark.
Follow the steps given below to do so:
- Step 1: Open your image/logo/text you want to add as a Watermark
- Step 2: Go to the Edit tab, select Define Brush Preset from the drop-down menu
- Step 3: Name the Brush Preset something that you can easily remember and click OK to save it
- Step 4: Open the image in which you want to add the watermark
- Step 5: Press B on the keyboard, which is a shortcut for Photoshop Brush
- Step 6: Adjust Brush Size with [ ] tools and click at the top where you want to add the watermark
- Step 7: Repeat it every time to add watermarks whenever you need
So, these are different procedures to add watermarks to your images in Photoshop. While following this guide, you can add watermarks easily, but using Photoshop requires a high-end PC. Or else you’ll have an unpleasant experience as you’ll see many hiccups and even lagging in your PC.
Aside from having suitable hardware, you’ll also need to do a lot of work, such as arranging layers, moving text, and similar tasks, which are not as easy. You’ll need to ensure you’re using the right tool every time before making any changes.
Check out this video tutorial for more detailed information
Bonus Tip: Remove Watermark from Images
As necessary, it feels like adding watermark to add watermarks to images to keep their content from getting stolen. But not everyone wants to steal content and mark it as their own. Especially students and people who have to present data for non-commercial purposes.
You can follow some great web tools we’ve mentioned to remove watermarks from images on the web without installing anything. But make sure to use these responsibly and do not use these to plagiarize someone else’s content.
Remove the Watermark from the Photos Online
While adding watermarks is easy, removing the same natively is not everyone’s cup of tea. Especially if watermarks have logos instead of simple text, beginners can’t use Photoshop to do the same.
Most image editing tools have the same process to remove watermarks, but they need expertise. Not everyone can start learning Photoshop for this task, so we’ve found a tool that would do it for you! Clearoff is a tool that uses Artificial Intelligence to remove watermarks or unwanted objects from your images.
- Open imagewith.ai Clearoff on your browser
- Click on Upload Image and choose/drag and drop the photo you want to remove watermarks from.
- Click on the watermark you want to remove. For example, in the pic above, the watermark is placed in the bottom left corner; I’ll click on the watermark.
- And just after a few seconds of processing, you have the watermark-free image ready!
- Click on Download to get the image. You can also click the arrow button next to the download button to get the image in different formats, such as JPG, PNG, and WEPB.
So, just like that, you can remove watermarks from images without any expertise or hassle with Clearoff AI. And all this with just the help of a browser! You don’t need to install any software on your device.
You can also use Imagwith.ai’s ClearOff to remove any unwanted text, object, or logo from an Image. If you don’t find the object you want to remove automatically selected by AI, you can also draw and choose it manually.
After removing the watermark of your image, it might seem the image quality has decreased. Sometimes, you might feel that because the background shadows get removed when the background is removed, and the dynamic range seems missing.
To manually add the details and grading, you’ll need to spend much time if done natively on Photoshop. But we’ve got another AI tool for you! With Overscale AI, you can easily upscale any image up to 2x and 4x quality with a single click by simple drag/drop or upload from any device browser.
This way, you can upscale your images without expertise and within seconds. You can also use Overscale to upscale old photos that were clicked from not-so-good cameras and make them look wonderful.
So, we saw how to make a watermark in Photoshop. While adding watermarks might be easy, doing the vice versa is not a very pleasant and practical experience for people who are not very familiar with Photoshop.
Removing watermarks and unwanted stuff from Images was a difficult task requiring much expertise and time. With the evolution of AI and tools like Imagewith.AI that implement AI efficiently, we can do the same tasks in seconds without having to do anything manually.
All the tools imagewithai’s ClearOff, imagewith.ai’s Outcut, and imagewith.ai’s Overscaleare web applications that don’t require downloading or installing anything. You can do everything entirely on the web quickly.
Most AI tools available in the market do not work without a subscription. But you can use Imagewith.AI tools for free with many free features available.
1. Is my data safe if I use these tools?
Yes, your data is completely safe. All three tools used above follow secure data handling protocols. Your images are deleted within 60 minutes after the task is completed. Even the Uploads and downloads are done using secured encryption protocols.
2.How much time does it take to remove the watermark from an image?
If you use Photoshop to remove the watermark from an image, it’ll take a long time if you don’t have the expertise. If you’re using ClearOff AI in imagewith.ai, then it’ll take less than 10 seconds to remove the watermark.
3.Does the image quality get reduced if you remove the watermark?
No. The image quality stays the same even after removing the watermark. If you remove the background of the image, it might sometimes feel that the quality is reduced due to the reduced shadows. However, to reverse the effect, you can always use the Overscale tool to upscale the image quality.